Pamela Rivera, as organizational development practitioner, has assisted organizations world-wide in accelerating organizational performance with a focus on the strategic advantage organizations gain from their people and the special role that leadership, talent, and culture play in creating organizational effectiveness and viability. She is a dedicated professional with proven results in using operational and leadership strengths to solve specific and measurable needs for some of the world’s largest corporate, government and not-for-profit organizations in various industries including hospital and healthcare systems, pharmaceutical and bio-medical devices, finance and IT.
Pamela has a flexible, action-oriented, practical approach in working as a consultant, facilitator and coach. She is dedicated to assisting individuals and organizations to achieve excellence in ways that support integrity and a collaborative spirit, and is skilled in assisting organizations in the identification, development, and deployment of leadership talent to drive strategy execution and business results. Her disciplines include:
- Leadership assessments
- Competency modeling
- Curriculum development
- Leadership and Team development
- Performance management design
- Talent management strategy
- Workforce planning and analytics
- Succession planning
- Facilitation of strategic planning for alignment between people, processes, systems and technologies
Pamela has led several leadership development initiatives helping individual and groups improve their impact in leadership roles and processes; recent examples of her work are:
- Working with senior executive teams to lead organizations through a merger focusing on the people side of change. The challenge was to help them find common ground and reduce the animosity and tension caused by the merger. Using interviews and surveys, Pamela identified areas of commonality and areas of perceived conflict. Because the situation was so tense, she worked separately with each organization’s team to discover the underlying issues and feelings, and then held a two-day retreat with both teams. During the session, Pamela presented their perceptions to each other, and in structured dialogues could dispel many of the assumptions that plagued the merger. She then worked with the team to develop a charter for working together, a balanced scorecard to assess progress toward their joint goals, and a process for resolving conflicts quickly and fairly. The result was a high performing organization which out-performed its competitors.
- Helping a healthcare organization that had recently completed an employee satisfaction survey, to help them make sense of the information. Pamela used her expertise and prior experience to create meaningful “buckets” of information. She conducted a strategic analysis of the organization’s strengths and areas for concern, as well as opportunities for growth and potential impediments. With these multiple data points, they could build both a strategic plan and determine short and medium-term actions that would address the concerns raised by the data. A follow-up assessment of progress will be conducted periodically.
- Working in close collaboration with senior executives, HR professionals, learning consultants, and business leaders, Pamela has driven best practice implementations that are pragmatic and customized to meet an organization’s unique needs. She has facilitated important priorities and strategic initiatives for sustainable organizational effectiveness.
Pamela is currently pursuing a Masters in Human Resource Management, holds a Graduate Certificate in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, and a BS in Organizational Leadership from Thomas Edison State College, and certification in Training and Organizational Development through New York University. She is also qualified in Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and 360 Feedback certified